Friday, August 24, 2007


  • 7:30am - Wake up and shower
  • 8:15am - Make Michael coffee and dash out to meet a girlfriend for coffee and a devotional.
  • 9:15am - Run home to pick up Matthew and Brian. Drop Brian off at a friends to play for the morning.
  • 9:45am - Matthew drives me to his Senior portrait appointment.
  • 10:30am - Hit the bank (almost literally, but not quite) and the grocery store, for 2 more gallons of milk. Seems the 4 gallons I bought on Monday won't get us thru today. Plan a special dinner in my head for Michael, who is doing final call backs today and has to make a bunch of students sad that they didn't make his top choir. Call home to remind myself to chill champagne, because I won't remember 2 minutes from now.
  • 11:15am - Drop Matthew off at band camp and pick up Alex from home.
  • 11:45am - Dr's appointment for Alex. The elbow is not broken. The knee is healed. Blood sugar was running a tad low; pull a juice box out of my purse. Much better and now he is smiling.
  • 12:30pm - Home with Alex. Strip bed and put sheets in the washer. Slept with dead flees last night and it was kinda disgusting. Good news...kittens are flee free AND the duvet cover, sheets and blanket all fit in the washer. Here from girlfriend that she is taking kids to the pool, so Brian is coming home to change.
  • 1:15pm - Stuff in dryer. Head out with Alex.
  • 1:30pm - Alex has hair appt. Paying a million dollars to take him to my person and not to the barber. He is controlling his displeasure for me admirably.
  • 1:45 pm - Run to fish place and buy clams for dinner. Thinking Cioppino will make Michael want to come home at a decent hour.
  • 2:15pm - Pick up Alex and realize that I have not eaten today. into Starbucks and get an iced tea and an egg salad sandwich. Alex and I share.
  • 2:45pm - Run Alex home, grab his knee brace and head out to pick up A, A and A to drive to basketball. Get a call on the way that Brian wants to come home, so I swing by the pool to grab him. His friend wants to come to our house to play, so he piles in, too.
  • 3:05 pm - Drop off big boys at the gym and treat the little boys to frozen yogurt. The mom gets one, too.
  • 3:30pm - Home! Make bed and share a Fresca with a neighbor who knocks on the door.
  • 4:30pm - Check messages and chill champagne. Glad I remembered to check messages. Sigh. Chop two large pans full of tomatoes and put in the oven to roast. Get mail and read the People magazine that comes today. =0)
  • 5:30 pm - Feed Brian and his friend dinner. Sandwiches, grapes, and chips. It's summer, plus Brian'll eat clams with us later.
  • 6:00pm - Call Michael and remind him that we love him very much. He's in a meeting and finishing up his final choir list.
  • 7:00pm - Drive Brian's friend home.
  • 7:15 pm - Get on the computer, check email and write blog. Still no husband. Seriously thinking about opening the champagne. Hmmm...


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. YEAH WELL I WIN. My day went something like yours, then I JUST got home from Emil'y's play-it was 2 hrs & 45 minutes long..........AGHAGHGAGHAGHA!!!!!!!

  3. WAIT-your people sleep until 7:30? oy! Can we swap clans?? I think we should have a contest to see who can complain the best. I think I will win

  4. I have told you a million times...the 3rd Friday of the month is MY day to whine!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...